OpenIV is a multi-purpose editor and archive manager for PC versions of Grand Theft Auto V, Grand Theft Auto IV/EFLC and Max Payne 3.
OpenIV – 4.1
0000767: [Archive editing] Ability to create a sequence of folders at once (e.g. x64\data\lang) (Team)
0000763: [Tools] Support for new version of carcols.ymt (GTAV/PSO) (Team)
0000736: [User interface] Add a “Rename” option in “Organize Favorites” window (Team)
0000745: [Tools] Associate Text Editor with more file types (Team)
0000738: [Tools – Text Editor] Invalid XML exported by “Export to XML” feature (Team)
0000651: [Tools] Improved Hash Generator (Team)
General changes, improvements, and fixes in OpenIV 4.0.1
We fixed an issue where it was not possible to run Grand Theft Auto V (Epic Games Store Version) from OpenIV.
We fixed an issue resulting in OpenIV crash while opening some modes and textures in GTA V.
We fixed an issue where OpenIV did not update size of embedded archive when all files removed from it.
You can add more names and strings into OpenIV databases by editing files in your documents folder here: Documents\OpenIV\[Game Name]\Strings\ Starting with this update OpenIV will automatically reload content of those files without restart.
What’s new in OpenIV 4.0:
• Red Dead Redemption 2 support
What’s new in OpenIV 3.2:
• Support for many GTA V ymt files
What’s new in OpenIV 3.1:
• GTA V: pedpersonality.ymt support
• XML Syntax validation in OpenIV Text Editor
What’s new in OpenIV 3.0:
• GTA V for PlayStation 4 support
• GTA V Vehicles animations player
• Proper multichannel audio support
• openFormats support for YVR
• support for new shaders in openFormats for GTA V models.
What’s new in OpenIV 2.9.2:
First time since 2015, we have updated OpenIV.ASI – our plugin, which provides mods support for Grand Theft Auto V. The latest version of GTA V has some non-critical changes in the code, which affected by OpenIV.ASI, and we made similar changes in our code. Without those changes in OpenIV.ASI, your game had crash during loading screen in some very specific scenario, only when you have Simplified Chinese language selected in game. Use ASI Manager to update OpenIV.ASI in your game folder.
• We fixed an issue where sometimes OpenIV crashes while renaming folders inside archives.
• We fixed an issue where import of texture image with 2×2 sizes was impossible due to infinite loading.
• We fixed an issue where files was not shown in OpenIV after they was drag-and-dropped in game folder using Windows File Explorer.
What’s new in OpenIV 2.9.1:
Open folder: You now can open folders the same way as archives. Use menu “File > Open folder…” and select folder you want to open. Selected folder will appear at the end of the list in navigation tree.
Delete confirmation dialog: OpenIV will now show you delete configuration dialog, it will help you to avoid accidental removal of game files. You can disable this feature in OpenIV configuration.
Grand Theft Auto V
• We added support for carvariations.ymt file
• We added support for vfxvehicleinfo.ymt file
You can edit those files using inbuilt OpenIV Text editor or export them to META/XML format.
Grand Theft Auto IV
• We fixed an issue where wrong High Level Code was generated in SCO Viewer.
General changes, improvements, and fixes
• We fixed an issue where it was impossible to use context menu on travel buttons (Back/Forward) when history list contain many items.
• We fixed an issue where some users might get “Unable to initialize Windows DirectX subsystem” fatal error message.
• We added ability to use keyboard arrow keys to navigate through shaders information in models viewer.
• We made minor visual changes in “More information” dialog in models viewer.
• We fixed an issue where users might see “Confirm edit mode” dialog while creating archive in edit mode.
• We changed keyboard shortcut for creating new archive from “Ctrl + N” to “Ctrl + Shift + N”.
• We added ability to use “Ctrl + N” keyboard shortcut for creating new archive in current location (Same as “Ctrl + D” for folder).
• We fixed an issue where status bar does not updates when items are added or removed.
• We fixed an issue resulting in unexpected behavior when double-clicking on group header in file list.
• You now can use “Shift + Delete” keyboard shortcut for permanently deleting files while using Recycle Bin (This works for files on disk not for files in archives).
• We fixed an issue resulting in “Edit mode” button become disabled in specific scenario.
• We improved support for Junctions or Symbolic links. You now will be able to use global search while your game folder is Symbolic links.
• We changed the way how Size column is displayed in file list. Now it works just like Windows File Explorer.
• Some more changes was made, they are minor or are not worthy of mention.
Inbuilt Text Editor
Support for .ymap, .ytyp, _manifest.ymt, carcols.ymt and levels.ymt
Improved openFormats for Grand Theft Auto V
UI Improvements and bug fixes
openFormats for Grand Theft Auto V models
Package Installer improvements
Administrator mode notification
UI Improvements and bug fixes
Brand new Package Installer
Improved support for “mods” folder in Grand Theft Auto V
Bug fixes and minor improvements
Ability to export audio files to .wav format
Ability to edit audio files (.awc) like weapon and vehicle sounds
New tool named “ASI Manager” allows you to easily install or uninstall ASI loader and our plugins for GTAV.
New version of OpenIV.ASI gives you ability to keep original GTAV files safe and put mods into special “mods” folder. Just put archive (for example, x64a.rpf) you want to mod into “mods” folder and made changes in that copy. OpenIV.ASI will force game load your archives form “mods” folder. In addition, if you want to switch back to original files just remove OpenIV.ASI and ASI Loader using ASI Manager.
Texture editor for GTA V
Powerful OpenIV texture editor now have support for GTA V .ytd texture files. You are free to edit any .ytd files using all features we have.
Fragment Models Viewer
Finally, OpenIV fragment models viewer got support of GTA V .yft files. This will allows you to view GTAV vehicles models.
Critical bug fixed
We also have fixed some critical issues in our code. Now you have less chance to corrupt your files.
OpenIV Offline Installer
OpenIV Offline installer is a method to install OpenIV modding tool without internet. Follow below method to manually install Open IV offline without internet for GTA 5 and other game.
How to Install OpenIV Offline
1. Download the OpenIV file.
2. Copy “New Technology Studio” folder.
3. Install 7-Zip app on your PC.
4. Extract the OpenIV zip file with 7-Zip.
5. Open the OpenIV installer folder.
6. Open the app “OpenIV.exe” file.
7. Hit install to start the installation.
8. Done! Start your OpenIV from Start menu.
43 thoughts on “OpenIV V4.1”
i tried to install and it told me it failed and i dont know why
Works for me – 20may 2023
does it work on gta v steam version becuase the build on this says 1401 but the gta v on 2845 can i still load mods using it ?
It’s a bit strange that the file location isn’t able to be changed..
offline version seems to install fine
OpenIV_offline -> Tested contained. Do not unpack anything but checks TCP connections instead. This is bullshit,
Script hook v critical error.
Mi game version is 2802. Online1.64.
bro please hell me ^ it says the application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b.)
someone plese help me..!
delete everything restart app or game
I get an error message saying “The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_33.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.” Then you get an ok button to push or the X in right top connor
You need to install DirectX first.
i have d3dcsx_46.dll. but still getting the above error do i need 33 again?
same with me
Hi guys, can’t install it, get the message “Setup is unable to write log file.” Already tried to deactivate Antivirus, copied it directly into the GTA folder… Any ideas? Thanks!
Finally, an archived version.
FATAL Another copy of the setup is ruined
How many more times do I have to look at all the files I unzipped with 7zip, they don’t seem to work properly.
Maybe use winrar instead ^^
asi openlv not in tools in offline version broken
Wtf is this? its a .rar file. Get your shit right FFS
you are retarded
ur a fucking retard bro lol use winrar … dumb fag
Thank you. Its 4.0 tho and not 4.1.
it downloads a rar file not a zip file
guys this works, just install the offline version and it will all be good, its not that hard to mess up, luckely
it downloads a rar file not a zip file?
is this sus at all
Offline is 4.0.1 not 4.1
Offline link works fine
bro it dont download good
It worked for me as fine. Make sure you download Openiv setup offline.
still wont work