This is a special atmospheric map mod for winter and christmas on GTA V with a lot of updates and new things planned in the future for this one.
This mod adds several icy and snowy islands with a nordic forest, frozen lakes / ocean, and some housing, especially for fishing, exploration, oil mining and also for polar tourism.
There are also a house with interior, some activities, christmas decorations and pedestrians / scenes.
Living on this place is quite difficult, every move must be done by snowmobile or helicopter. Food and equipment are brought by boat or plane, but this area has a lot of potential for a future extension and city construction.
I highly recommend to use my mod with a snow mod (with a trainer or anything that bring snow for weather and ground effect).
1 – Put “north.xml” from my mod folder to your main GTA V directory.
2 – Download and install every mods below and there requirements (scripthookV, Gameconfig etc …) in the same order than below :
– “Map editor”
– “Object Spawn Unlocker”
– “Increased Props”
– “Custom Props Add-On”
– “Map Builder”
– “FlattenWater V”
– “No Boundary Limits”
3 – Put the “objectlist” from my mod to your scripts folder, and replace. In this one, there are also every map objects of mods of step 2.
4 – In game, press F7 and click on load map as xml. And type “north” in order to load the map.
5 – Go in the ocean, in the North of Los Santos map until you see the frozen islands.
– Sometimes some textures disappear and reappear. This seems related to the objects themselves.
– If you have any issue with water (waves that covers the ice), check “FlattenWater V” installation and activation, but this could also be caused by another mod you’ve installed on GTA V that modify wave scale. You should uninstall / turn off your water mod in order to solve this issue.
– If you have any bugs when loading the game, map editor error or issue with step 2 above, please follow step 6 below :
Step 6 : (bug / installation fix if needed)
6a – Extract the three following files from the ZIP folders of these three mods downloaded below in step 2 :
– Increased Props [Add-on].OIV for “Increased Props” mod
– adp_Shbr.OIV for “Custom Props Add-On” mod
– MB_Discovery_(1.09).OIV for “Map Builder Community” mod, in “Singleplayer – OIV Auto Install” folder
Then in OpenIV, go in “Tools”, “Package Installer” and select “Increased Props [Add-on].OIV”. Click on install, Game folder. Repeat this step for “adp_Shbr.OIV” and “MB_Discovery_(1.09).OIV”.
6b – With OpenIV, click on Edit mode, go in Grand Theft Auto V\update\update.rpf\common\data, and extract “dlclist.xml”. Make a back up of it.
Open “dlclist.xml” with a notepad and add the lines below :
Save and drop modified “dlclist.xml” with OpenIV in \update\update.rpf\common\data. Then follow next steps above.
– Rockstar Games for Grand Theft Auto V game
– Guadmaz, Guad & oldnapalm for “Map editor”
– GTAMultiplayer Team for “Object Spawn Unlocker”
– Unknown Modder for “No Boundary Limits”
– A1Draco for “Increased Props”
– Shaezbreizh & Mixtro & Dekurwinator & BlueJeansGamer for “Custom Props Add-On”
– OmegaKingMods for “Map Builder”
– ryanm2711 for “FlattenWater V”
– KAFAROS for “Snowmobile”
– OpenIV Team, Alexander Blade, crosire & contributors …