This mod file fixes the disgusting problem of screen dimming/flickering whenever you pass by any source of light in-game. It removes the eye adaptation effect which is what causes the dimming of your screen.
If you replace your visualsettings with the one I provided then not only do you get rid of eye adaption to remove flickering, you also get brighter emergency lights!
The first screenshot shows me directly below a street light which normally would make my screen go darker when I drive by it and then go back to normal again, but with this mod, when you drive by any light like a streetlight or traffic light for example, it will not dim, therefore making the overall experience much more realistic and less annoying and gets rid of rockstar’s eyesore.
V1.2 CRUCIAL UPDATE!! Updated visualsettings.dat file as values were incorrect from the readme. Please download V1.2!
1. Extract the zip once downloaded
2. Open OpenIV
3. Go to \update\update.rpf\common\data\
4. Press Edit mode at the top right
5. Select Copy to mods folder
6. Scroll down until you see visualsettings.dat
7. Right click on it and select save content/export and save that file to your desktop (if it doesn’t work, create a new folder on your desktop and save the content to that folder. This is just to back up the old file in case anything goes wrong.
8. Drag and drop the file provided in the download into openiv where visualsettings.dat is and you are done!
**IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO REPLACE YOUR VISUALSETTINGS.DAT FILE MANUAL EDITING INSTRUCTIONS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE README** \
V1.4 COMPLETELY REWORKED the mod. Changed the visualsettings file to my latest version which is guaranteed to work unlike the old one which is now made as a last resort file if the new updated one somehow doesn’t work. The installation instructions for the new one are in the READVERYIMPORTANT txt file.
V1.3 ADDED secondary fix if the original solution does not work. This is found in the “How to install” txt file on the very bottom.