This is a modding tool for developers to find and play particles effects. Press F9 to open the effects menu.
All the particles data are pulled over from this github repo. and the mod user can recieve real-time updates when the data from the repo changes.
Adding add/change particles effects:
– Edit the generated json file in “Grand Theft Auto V\scripts” following the file’s example.
– If you know any particles that are not in the list just follow the link in the data source repository.
How to update the database:
– If there are any updates you’ll be notified in the game at next launch and all you have to do is open the menu (F9) and press enter.
Copy PTFX.dll to the scripts folder in the game’s directory.
– Initial Release
– Update to SHVDN v3
– Change player visibility when the menu is open and play PTFX at player’s position
– Update ptfx database to a new up-to date one.
– Add a new menu.
– Add controls to change the particle size (right/left arrows).
– Try to play the particle looped if it failed as non looped particles.
– Code rewritten from scratch.
– @DurtyFree – The data I’m using is pulled from his repository: https://github.com/DurtyFree/gta-v-data-dumps
– github/LfxB – The menu base I’m using it’s from his github repository: https://github.com/LfxB/SimpleUI